NEW YORK (PIX11) — Is it possible to boost your credit score 100 points in just 12 months?
Yes, says Tiffany Aliche, the so-called Budgetnista whose blog aims to help women achieve financial freedom.
Aliche offers these five ways to raise a credit score — and keep it healthy:
- Pay down your debt (30 percent of your score)
- Pay your bills on time (35 percent of your score)
- Auto-pay off a small, that is, bring it’s balance to $0 every month.
- Become an authorized user on a credit card account in good standing.
- Consistently keep your credit card balances below 30 percent of your limit. For example, if your limit is $1,000, keep your balance below $300.
Visit the Budgetnista’s website, here, to learn more about how to create and keep to a budget.