NEW YORK (PIX11) — Still searching for the right recipe to serve your guests at a Fourth of July barbecue?
Try these picnic-perfect dishes from Chef Jesse Jones.
Chef Jesse’s Down Home Potato Salad
- 6 Idaho potatoes peeled and diced (salt to taste)
- 2 celery stalks minced
- 1 tablespoon onions minced
- ½ cup green peppers minced
- ½ cup red peppers minced
- ½ cup of pimentos minced
- 2 tbs sweet pickles relish
- 1 tbs sweet gherkins minced
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tbs salad mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ celery seed
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water (add salt to taste). Cook about 30 minutes until tender. Test with fork.
- Drain and let cool. Do not rinse with cold water.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add celery, onions, peppers, relish gherkin, eggs, mayo, pimentos, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and refrigerate until later.
Spicy Lamb Burger Sliders
- ½ pound ground Lamb
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch, kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbs spicy hot sauce
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the lamb with garlic, onion, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, rosemary and hot sauce. Form into four half-inch thick burgers.
- In a hot pan or grill, cook for 5 minutes then flip. Cook about 5 more minutes more. (Cook about 2 minutes on both sides for medium rare.)
- Serve on the bun of your choice.