WPIX’s “QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entrants must be at least 21 years of age and a legal U.S. citizen residing in NY, NJ or CT and in the WPIX viewing area at the time of entry.
1. TO ENTER: The WPIX “QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning” Sweepstakes runs from 4:00AM EST on Monday, July 7, 2014 through 11:00PM EST on Sunday July 20, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter during Sweepstakes Period by visiting the WPIX contest page at PIX11.com/Rewards, and following the links navigating to the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Accurately complete and submit the entry form, including your name and valid email address. Entries must be received by 11:00 PM EST on Sunday July 20, 2014. Entrants must use their own name and only one (1) entry per person and per email address during Sweepstakes Period is permitted. Subsequent entries originating from the same person or a single e-mail address will be disqualified.
2. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Entries containing technical or electronic reproductions or attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, the entrant shall be considered the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider’s records. Only entries to the designated website shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Participation in the Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: After 11:01pm EST on July 9, 2014 and on July 20, 2014, one (1) winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received, subject to verification and compliance with these rules. Sponsor will attempt to notify winner by email. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries if: (a) winner cannot be contacted/does not respond within 24 hours of Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfil the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
4. PRIZE & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: One (1) winner will win a balloon ride for two in the Angry Birds Balloon at the Festival of Ballooning in Readington, New Jersey on July 25th. The winner should arrive at the balloon ride by 5:30 pm on the day of the balloon ride. The balloon ride is approximately one hour and includes a champagne toast. The winner will also receive 2 VIP tickets in VW Blue Sky Club for the 9:30 pm fireworks show. (ARV: $680). If winner is unable to attend on the designated date, prize will be forfeited. Transportation is not included, and winner is responsible for all expenses not specifically mentioned herein. Additional restrictions may apply. Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash. If prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. If balloon ride is not available for any reason, including but not limited to weather conditions, no alternate will be awarded for that portion of the prize. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited, and no alternate winner will be selected. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for their prize. Guest of winner must be 21 or older.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates or prize supplier, without additional compensation. Winner by acceptance of a prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, the prize supplier, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release as well as certain tax documents prior to receiving their prize. Guest of winner may also be required to sign and return release prior to attending prize event. Winner may be required to provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or identification card). Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be at least 21 years of age and a legal U.S. citizen residing in NY, NJ or CT and in the WPIX viewing area at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or members of their immediate family, or to employees or immediate family members of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising, promotional agencies, prize suppliers or any other entity involved in the creation, promotion or execution of this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”). “Immediate family members” include mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. Void where prohibited and outside the eligibility area set forth above.
7. RULES & WINNER LIST: A copy of the official rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES, PIX11 Morning News “Festival of Ballooning” Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at http://www.pix11.com. For a winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after September 1, 2014 to: Winner List, PIX11 Morning News “Festival of Ballooning” Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017. Requests for winner list must be received by October 31, 2014.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns and prize provider and all of their employees, officers and directors will not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, because of computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email accounts or entrant’s failure to monitor his/her account; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) any interruptions or failure to award a prize because of Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual its finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any website promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will award prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination and will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. SPONSOR: WPIX TV, 220 East 42 Street, New York, NY 10017.