Amanda Bynes’ New York bong-tossing case dismissed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Amanda Bynes attends an appearance at Manhattan Criminal Court on July 9, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)

NEW YORK (AP) – A judge has dismissed actress Amanda Bynes’ New York City bong-tossing case.

Bynes’ lawyer appeared in court Monday. The actress was not present. The case was sealed after the dismissal.

The judge had previously said the charges would be dismissed if Bynes stayed out of trouble for six months and went to counseling twice a week. Attorney Gerald Shargel (shahr-GEHL’) submitted an affidavit saying Bynes had complied with the court’s requirements.

Bynes was charged last year with reckless endangerment and marijuana possession. Building managers called police because they said she was smoking pot in the lobby of her Manhattan apartment. When officers entered her 36th-floor apartment, they said they saw her heave a bong out the window.

Shargel said outside court that the episode is now behind her.