BRONX (PIX11) — A serial groper targeting teen girls and young women in the Bronx is wanted in connection with at least nine assaults, including two that happened in a span of 15 minutes.
The man, who is described to be about 20 years old, with a thin build and approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, is suspected of forcibly touching seven teenage girls and two women, police said Tuesday.
All the incidents happened during the morning hours in the Bronx.
The most recent attack occurred about 8:30 a.m. June 11 when the man approached a 12-year-old victim as she was walking on Schieffelin Avenue and touched her.
Fifteen minutes before that girl was attacked, a 21-year-old woman walking on Fish Avenue was assaulted by the groper, police said.
Investigators released a list Tuesday of seven other incidents linked to the wanted man:
- A 14-year-old girl was groped about 7:50 a.m. Feb. 13 on Eastchester Road.
- Another 14-year-old girl was forcibly touched about 9:30 a.m. March 28 near Burke Avenue and Eastchester Road.
- A 13-year-old girl was groped about 7:30 a.m. March 28 on Magenta Street.
- Another 13-year-old girl was approached from behind and groped about 8 a.m. April 28 on Baychester Avenue.
- An 18-year-old jogger was attacked about 8:30 a.m. May 29 near Burke Avenue.
- A 12-year-old girl was groped about 7:20 a.m. May 30 near East 233 Street.
- A 16-year-old girl was attacked about 6:55 a.m. June 9 as she walked on Boston Road.
He was last seen wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.AlertMe