QUEENS (PIX11) — New Yorkers will have a tough time getting around the city this weekend after an ‘F’ train derailed in Queens.
Due to the derailment, service changes are as followed:
Due to a derailed train at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:
- E train service run local between Queens Plaza and Parsons/Archer in both directions.
- F train service run local between 21 St-Queensbridge and Jamaica-179 St in both directions.
- There is no M train service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Essex St in both directions.
- There is no R train service between Forest Hills-71 Av and 57 St-7 Av in both directions.
- As an alternate, customers traveling between Jackson Heights, Elmhurst and Manhattan are advised to take the N train. Customers traveling between Manhattan and Jamaica are advised to take J the train. At Jamaica Parsons/Archer, customers can connect to local bus service.
- Shuttle buses are operating in two sections:
- Shuttle buses for the line operates between Queens Plaza and Forest Hills-71 Av and Queens Plaza and 74 St-Broadway.
- Shuttle buses for the line operates between 21 St-Queensbridge and Forest Hills-71 Av.
- LIRR is cross honoring NYCT tickets at the following stations: Sutphin Blvd–Archer Av, Kew Gardens, Forest Hills, Woodside, Nostrand Av, East New York, Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Penn Station-34 St.
For up to date service information, always visit MTA.info.