TABLET A DAY SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. Sweepstakes entry period begins at 5 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 30, 2014 and ends at 5 PM ET on May 29, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut who are 18 years of age or older and have a valid Facebook user account at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies, the Sweepstakes Administrator (if any), and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and fully comply with the Official Rules, and to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor-designated judges, which shall be binding and final in all respects.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes visit the official WPIX Facebook page at facebook.com/pix11news (the “Page”) during the Sweepstakes Period and, if you have not already done so, click “Like” to like the Page, then click the Sweepstakes tab and follow the on-screen instructions to accurately complete all required information and submit your entry form. ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5 PM ET ON May 29, 2014. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Entries submitted to the Page will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Mechanically altered or reproduced entries are not eligible.
3. RANDOM DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential winner will be selected each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period by the Sponsor from all eligible entries received as of 5 PM on that day, in a random drawing. Entrants that are not selected will be rolled over to the next weekday’s entry pool. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each drawing.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners through Facebook using the information provided on the corresponding entry form, and potential winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (collectively, the “Affidavit”) within the time frame or by the date specified in notification, or an alternate winner may be selected. If potential winner is under the age of majority in its state of legal residence, the Affidavit must be executed on its behalf by its parent or legal guardian. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable time and effort, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected at random, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the remaining eligible entries received for that drawing.
5. PRIZE: Twenty-one (21) grand prize winners will each receive one (1) Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 valued at $199.99. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $4,199.79.All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of prize or any prize component permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Only one prize will be awarded per person and per household. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. In no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email accounts or entrant’s failure to monitor his/her account; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) any interruptions or failure to award a prize due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any website promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes promotion, including the entire Sweepstakes promotion, and/or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the remaining prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. If Sponsor terminates or modifies the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will post notice on the official WPIX Facebook page
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; DISPUTES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants and winner acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by any prize supplier or their affiliates. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. LIST OF WINNERS: To obtain a copy of the winner’s list, after June 1, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by mail to: WPIX 220 E 42nd Street New York NY 10017, for Sponsor’s receipt by July 1.
10. SPONSOR: WPIX-TV, 220 E 42nd Street New York, New York 10017. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook.