PIX11 Morning News Watch & Win Sweepstakes April 28-May 22, 2014
1. TO ENTER: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident NY, NJ or CT at the time of entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begins April 28, 2014 and ends Friday, May 23, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter each weekly Sweepstakes Drawing, watch PIX11 Morning News on PIX11between 6:30 and 7:30 am (ET) from each Monday through Thursday during the Sweepstakes Period. . There will be a different keyword on each of those days displayed on screen and viewers will be directed to enter that day’s Sweepstakes drawing either via text or online as described below. Entries for each keyword of the day daily Sweepstakes drawing must be received by 9am ET each day during the Sweepstakes Period. Daily entries will be combined into a single entry pool for that week’s Sweepstakes drawing, but WILL NOT roll over into the next week’s Sweepstakes.
a. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 77944 with that day’s keyword in the body of the message. Daily text entries must be received by 9AM EST for that day to be eligible for that week’s Sweepstakes drawing. Entrants must text the correct keyword as displayed in that day’s PIX11 Morning News broadcast, on the corresponding Sweepstakes day. All text entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. If any dispute arises as to identity of any text-entrant, the entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the day’s correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
b. Enter On-Line: Log onto PIX11.com and follow the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Complete the entire entry form, including the correct keyword as displayed in that day’s PIX11 Morning News broadcast, your name, age, valid email address, telephone or mobile phone number. Daily online entries must be received by 9AM EST for that day to be eligible for that week’s Sweepstakes drawing. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If any dispute arises as to identity of any online-entrant, the entrant shall be considered the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider’s records. Only entries to the designated website and containing the correct keyword for the corresponding Sweepstakes day shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
c. Restrictions: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. One entry per person per day is allowed, regardless of method ; subsequent daily entries originating from a unique 10-digit cell phone (in the case of Text-Message entries) or from a single e-mail address (in the case of On-Line Entries) will be disqualified. Entries from one week do NOT carry over into the next week’s drawing. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Every Friday during the Sweepstakes Period (May 2, 9, 16 and
23), d, Sponsor will combine all eligible entries received in that particular week and conduct a weekly Sweepstakes drawing. One (1) winner will be selected at random from among all eligible text and online entries received that week, subject to verification and compliance with these rules, and will be announced on the air for that particular weekly drawing .There will be the potential for four different winners during the Sweepstakes Period. The winner will be notified by telephone. Failure to respond within 24-hours
of notification will result in disqualification and possible selection of an alternate winner from remaining eligible entries from that week’s entry pool (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received in that particular week.
3. PRIZES & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Each winner will receive twelve (12) Visa Gift Cards, each
in the amount of $1,500, and each delivered in monthly increments, that may be used by Winner to
pay towards his/her mortgage or lease payment. Total ARV for each prize is $18,000. Prizes are non- transferable, non-negotiable. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and no alternate winners will be selected. Only one prize will be awarded per person and per household. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize. Winners will be required to complete a W9 form (available at http:/ /www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) in order to receive a prize, and will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including
print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued drivers license or identification card).
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON- INFRINGEMENT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or its employees. Immediate family members, employees or immediate family members of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sponsors are also ineligible.
6. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WPIX TV, 220 East 42 Street, New York, NY 10017. Void where prohibited or restricted. A copy of the official rules is available upon request by sending
a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES, PIX11 Morning News Watch & Win Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at http://www.pix11.com. For a winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after May 23, 2014 to: Winners List, PIX11 Morning News Watch & Win Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.
7. If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens
the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.