NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND OUTSIDE ELIGIBILITY AREA SET FORTH BELOW. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident NY, NJ or CT and the WPIX viewing area at the time of entry. Sweepstakes begins on June 2, 2014 at 4AM and ends on June 2, 2014 at 9AM EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
1. TO ENTER: Log onto PIX11.com/rewards during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Accurately complete and submit the official entry form. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means and mechanically reproduced entries shall be disqualified. Entries must be received by 9AM EST on June 2, 2014. Limit one entry per person and per email address. Entrants must use their own name and must have a valid e-mail account at the time of entry. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about June 3, 2014, one (1) winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received, subject to verification and compliance with these rules. Winner will be announced on PIX11.com/Rewards, and Sponsor will attempt to notify winner by email provided in the corresponding entry form. If a selected winner is not eligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines the prize or fails to respond within 24-hours of Sponsor’s first notification attempt, such entrant may be disqualified, in which case, Sponsor may select an alternate winner at random from remaining eligible entries (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
3. PRIZE: One Grand Prize Winner will receive a two night midweek stay for two at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort in Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania, with a river trip for two (Canoe, Kayak or Raft), two tickets to The Shawnee Playhouse, One (1) Round of Golf for Two (golf cart and clubs included), and two breakfasts in the River Room. (Total ARV $750). Winner must redeem prize by September 1, 2014. Blackout dates apply: Midweek only based upon availability. Transportation to and from the Pocono Mountains is not provided.
4. CONDITIONS ON PRIZE ELEMENTS: Winner and his/her guest must be eighteen years of age at the time the prize is redeemed. Hotel accommodations and other prize elements may only be redeemed on the dates and at times determined by Sponsor. Transportation to and from the Pocono Mountains is not provided. Winner and his/her guest will be responsible for all fees, meals, incidentals, telephone charges, ground transportation, and any other expenses incurred in connection with the redemption and use of the Grand Prize other than those specifically identified as part of the prize (above). Hotel accommodations are subject to availability. Winner may be required to present at least one valid major credit card in order to check into hotel. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the hotel or any other persons or entities providing any of the prize elements or services.
5. ADDITIONAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, which may substitute a prize of greater or comparable value. If prize or any portion thereof becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. If the Winner is not able to travel during the time period or otherwise fails to use or redeem any element of the prize, Winner shall forfeit the prize (or such prize element) and no additional or substitute prize or compensation will be provided. If Winner elects to redeem prize without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded.
Winner may be required to provide proof of identity and eligibility in order to claim prize. If a winner fails to do so within the time period required by Sponsor, or otherwise fails to claim the prize, the winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prize is awarded as-is, with no express or implied warranties or guarantees by Sponsor. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for the prize and may be required to fill out and submit a completed W9 form (available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) prior to receiving a prize. Winner receiving prize valued at $600 or more will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the value of such prize.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE & WAIVER: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor, prize suppliers and/or each of their affiliates and/or licensees, without additional compensation. Winner and his/her travel companion by acceptance and use of a prize or any prize element described herein, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, any other prize supplier, and each of their respective parent companies and affiliates, and each of their respective employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Neither Sponsor nor prize supplier is responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner or travel companion incurred in connection with the use of a prize. Winner and his/her travel companion may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving a prize. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a valid government-issued driver’s license or identification card). Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns and prize provider and all of their employees, officers and directors will not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, because of computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email accounts or entrant’s failure to monitor his/her account; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) any interruptions or failure to award a prize because of Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual its finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any website promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers, or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will award prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination and will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.
8. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees (or their immediate family members) of Sponsor, or of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, or advertising or promotional agencies, or prize suppliers. Entrants who have won any prize from WPIX within the 30 days immediately preceding May 1, 2014 are not eligible to win and will be disqualified.
11. RULES & WINNER LIST: A copy of the Official Rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES, POCONO MOUNTAINS VISITORS BUREAU SWEEPSTAKES, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at www.pix11.com. For a winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after July 1, 2014 to: Winner List, POCONO MOUNTAINS VISITORS BUREAU SWEEPSTAKES, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017. Requests for Official Rules or winners list must be received by no later than July 31, 2014.
10. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WPIX TV, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.