NEW YORK (PIX11) — The heir to a hotel chain was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his apartment Sunday, and police are investigating if his death could be linked to two other fatal overdoses.
Charlie Denihan, 29, was found dead inside his Union Square apartment. According to reports, crystal meth, cocaine and GHB, a club drug, were found inside the home.
Denihan was the son of Patrick Denihan, the CEO of the Denihan Hospitality Group.
The family owns a group of hotels including The James and Affinia Hotels, the Surrey, The Mansfield and the Shoreham.
Two other men were found dead of drug overdoses within hours of Dennihan. GHB was also found at that scene.
Police do not suspect that Dennihan knew the other men but are investigating if the deaths could be linked to a batch of bad drugs.
In a statement, the family said, “We are devastated at the tragic and sudden loss of Charlie. He was a loving and remarkable son, brother, nephew, cousin, Godfather and friend. In this tragic time, we ask that you remember him in your prayers and respect our privacy as we mourn his passing.”