Man dies, several injured after being overcome by carbon monoxide at Walt Whitman Shops

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Huntington Station, N.Y. (PIX11) —A man has died after being overcome by carbon monoxide at a Long Island mall, a hospital spokeswoman has confirmed.

At 6:10 p.m. Saturday, Suffolk County police officers found two people who appeared to be overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning at Legal Sea Foods.

Several other people were hospitalized, including three police officers.

Their conditions are unknown at this time.


Several other restaurants were evacuated for precautionary reasons.

The Walt Whitman Shops consists of more than 80 stores including anchors Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor, Macy’s and Saks Fifth Avenue.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.