NEW YORK (PIX11) — A block has been closed off after stray voltage spread to the sidewalk and doors in Chelsea Wednesday, Con Edison confirms to PIX11.
Officials said that the Sixth Avenue between 26th and 27th streets has been closed off to the public after voltage was detected on a sidewalk grates and doorknobs in the area. Con Ed responded at 11:37 a.m.
No injuries have been reported.
“It’s a little scary to think about that,” Paula Franklin, who lives nearby, told PIX11. “To walk around and maybe get electrocuted.”
Con Edison is on the scene working to fix the problem.
This is a developing story; check back for updates.AlertMe