What makes your neighborhood special? Tell us for a chance to win a $50 gift card!
Take a picture with one of our Homebrewed News cups, post it to our Facebook or Twitter page with #homebrewednews and and tell us what you love about your neighborhood!
Here’s a list of places you can get a Homebrewed News coffee cup:
Home Brewed News Photo Sweepstakes
1. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a legal U.S. citizen residing in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, with a valid Facebook or Twitter account as of October 31st 2013 The Home Brewed News Photo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) runs from 11:00 a.m. ET on October 31st 2013 through 9am ET on December 10th 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device of the Sweepstakes. To enter, submit a photograph of yourself along with a comment telling us what you like about your neighborhood, and the hashtag, “#Homebrewednews,” to either Sponsor’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pix11news or Sponsor’s Twitter page at https://twitter.com/WPIX. There is no limit on number of entries per person, as long as the content of the posts or tweets differ from prior posts or tweets.
2. Deadline: Entries may be submitted at anytime during the Sweepstakes Period, and once entered, will be included in the next daily drawing, and all subsequent drawings remaining during the Sweepstakes Period (if not selected as a winner). Entries for each daily drawing must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET. Entry submissions must originate from the entrant’s own, valid Facebook or Twitter account. If a dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of the corresponding social media account through which entry was submitted shall be deemed the entrant (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to the account by Facebook or Twitter). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit entries.
3. Winner Selection & Notification: Beginning on Monday November 11, and continuing on each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select one winning entry submission at random from all eligible entries received as of the applicable daily entry deadline . Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received as of the drawing deadline. The photo submissions and names of potential winners (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules) will be announced on air during the next day’s PIX11 Morning Newscast, and may be posted on both Sponsor’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and potential winners will be notified by direct message via the social media platform through which the entrant submitted his/her entry. Potential winners must respond to the notification attempt within 48 hours and upon receipt, Sponsor will give instructions on how to provide proof of identity, age, residency within 48 hours of receipt of instructions in order to be confirmed as a winner. A potential winner will be disqualified (and the prize forfeited), and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) a winner does not respond within 48 hours of the Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (2) a winner does not provide proof of identity, age, residency within 48 hours of receipt of instructions, (3) a winner does not meet all eligibility requirements to Sponsor’s satisfaction; (4) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (5) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4. Prizes: Each confirmed daily winner will receive a $50 gift card. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, and are subject to any additional terms and conditions printed on the gift card or imposed by issuer. No prize substitutions are allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Sweepstakes winners. Prizes will not be awarded, even if announced, if a selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
5. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winner must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. Employees of WPIX-TV, and their affiliated companies and members of their immediate families living in the same household are ineligible.
a. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that all photos submitted for this Sweepstakes are his/her own original creation, have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, do not violate any applicable law or the rights of any person or entity (including but not limited to privacy rights, copyrights, rights of publicity, and trademarks), do not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, and do not contain inappropriate, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content. Photos that do not comply with the foregoing shall be disqualified. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, Twitter, and Facebook harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
b. By entering, each Entrant grants to the Sponsor (and its licensees and affiliates) a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license to publish his/her photo submissions in any medium of communication now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without prior notice, approval or compensation. In addition, by entering, each entrant agrees to allow use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and photo submission in any medium of communication, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor (and its licensees and affiliates), without additional compensation.
c. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to release, waive, and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent and affiliated companies from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind, arising from the receipt or use of any Sweepstakes prize.
7. Miscellaneous: By participating, contestants agree Sponsor has the sole right to determine winners of the Sweepstakes and all matters and disputes related thereto, and that its determination will be final and binding. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not Facebook or Twitter. Any questions that entrants have about this Promotion must be directed to Sponsor and not Facebook or Twitter.
8. Technical: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the contest or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by WPIX-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. Sweepstakes Rules & Winners List: For a Winners List or a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Home Brewed News Photo Sweepstakes Rules,” c/o WPIX-TV, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017 or log onto the pix11.com website. Requests must be mailed separately. Requests for winners lists must specify the drawing date and must be received within thirty (30) days of the applicable drawing.
10. Sponsor: WPIX-TV, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017