Faulty wiring suspected in fire that destroyed North Bergen apartment building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

In New Jersey, investigators are trying to pinpoint what sparked the flames which destroyed that apartment building in North Bergen.

Right now, they suspect faulty wiring may have caused the massive, four-alarm fire. Thankfully, no one was killed. But several survivors lost pets, as well as their homes.

The Red Cross is helping the 60 families who lived in the building on John F. Kennedy Boulevard to find temporary housing.