Good Samaritan helps save nearly-unconscious mother and kids after fumes fill car

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Mom children suffer CO2 poisoning

NORTH AMITYVILLE, New York (PIX11) – A family got a scare Thursday after a man noticed his wife and two kids losing consciousness as their Mitsubishi filled with carbon monoxide fumes, according to Suffolk County police.

He pulled over outside a daycare on Parkway Avenue in North Amityville at 3:55 p.m.  A Good Samaritan helped by breathing into the mouths of the two boys, 22 and 8 months old, and members of the East Farmingdale Fire Dept. administered oxygen.

All three began breathing and were taken to a local hospital, along with the father, for further tests.  The 1999 Mitsubishi appeared to have an exhaust problem and was impounded for a safety check.

No criminality is suspected.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.