(PIX11) — Diane DiResta is a speech coach and author of “Knockout Presentations: How to deliver your message with power, punch and pizzaz.” She has five simple tips to help you get overcome the fear of public speaking.
1. Prepare, prepare, prepare. Don`t memorize.-Familiarize. Tell the story.
2. Get over yourself. Nervousness is self-centeredness. Focus on the audience.
3. Focus on the breath. Breathe from the belly. Practice the “HA” Breath.
4. Slow down and pause. 2-3 beats at the end of a sentence.
5. Give fear the finger. Let acupressure short circuit nervousness.
For more information you can visit Diane’s website at: http://www.diresta.com/AlertMe