Overheated cord sparks Bronx fire that killed child

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Investigators say they know what caused a deadly fire Sunday in the Bronx that killed a 7-year-old girl.

They say an overheated cord connected to the stove sparked the flames inside the fourth floor apartment in Melrose.

A 7-year-old girl and her 3- year-old sister were pulled out unconscious and rushed to the hospital. But the older couldn’t be saved.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.