Whether you’re a huge movie buff or love the red carpet fashions, the Oscars has something for everyone to celebrate, and the Celebration Experts at Party City recommend hosting an extravagant – and affordable – viewing party for the big event.
Party City Celebration Expert Jennifer Jackson joined PIX11’s Sukanya Krishnan to share a couple of fun ideas based on the latest food and party trends to host an A-list Academy Awards bash.
Dress the Set in Opulent Oscars Décor – It’s important to set your party stage with fabulous décor.
- The folks at Party City focused on traditional Oscars colors, red, black, gold and silver, to give our party that classic awards show feel. Starting with the base of the table – using a gold table cloth and created a red carpet table runner from Party City down the center.
- As you’ll notice at the front of the table, Jennifer created stars for all of the A-list guests at the party. This personalized detail looks fabulous along the entry-way to the party venue and will surely surprise your party guests.
- No party is complete without balloons. To frame the table, our celebration expert took gold, silver and black foil star balloons and hid the anchor of the balloons with a glittery top hat.
- She added a few classic cinematic touches to our table display by taking black and white pictures of favorite Hollywood stars, like Elizabeth Taylor and Humphrey Bogart, and placed them in black picture frames.
Glammed Up Guests and Party Games – Have guests cast their predictions and show off their camera-ready smiles with a photo booth.
- Give your guests the gift of glam with some fun, Hollywood costume accessories. Party City has a huge assortment of accessories, with everything from tiaras and top hats to boas and star sunglasses. You can also set up a VIP photo booth near your entry-way for guests to show off their camera-ready smiles – photo booths are a major party trend for 2013.
- Of course, the main event of the night is the actual awards show. Have guests make their own predictions by printing out Oscar ballots with the nominees and have everyone cast their votes before the awards begin. Have a prize ready to go for the person with the most accurate ballot at the end of the night.
- Create your own “Best Dressed List” between you and your guests. The winners showcasing the favored attire receive their own Oscar, a bottle of champagne wrapped in gold foil.
Cinematic Snacks – Set up simple and easy food station for your guests to snack on during the show.
- No Oscars party would be complete without the classic movie snack, popcorn. Jennifer has taken our popcorn to the next level and created an entire popcorn bar with different flavored toppings for guests to create their own personalized popcorn. A few have garlic and salt, chili and candy, for those with a sweet tooth. For an upscale popcorn display, place the popcorn in favor bags from Party City and set them inside a champagne glass. This way guests can grab and go as they move along your table.
- And speaking of grab and go, that is the theme for our hors d’oeuvres. Check out Party City’s mini tasting line to create this delicious display of simple snacks like caprese salad, sushi and chocolate covered strawberries. With absolutely no clean up, this is a really great option for the host.
- Of course, our celebration expert included a cocktail. For an Oscars party you can’t go wrong with champagne. She added an extra touch to our champagne for this special night with a stick of rock candy.