Pumpkin spice is the unofficial flavor of fall, and these days it seems like every major coffee shop sells some version of the famous pumpkin spice latte. But buying a PSL every day adds up.
Lucky for you, making your own pumpkin spice latte at home takes just a few simple ingredients and every day cooking utensils. The following recipe was originally created by the Food Network:
- Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Hot espresso or coffee
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring cup
- Plastic wrap
- Pour 1 cup of milk in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree. Make sure you are not adding pumpkin pie filling.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Put a sheet of plastic wrap over your bowl. Poke a few small holes in the wrap before placing the bowl in your microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and whisk all of your ingredients until your mixture looks foamy – about 30 seconds.
- Pour a ¼ cup of hot espresso or brewed coffee into a mug of your choice. Then, add your mixture.
- Enjoy your pumpkin spice latte! You can add whipped cream and extra pumpkin spice seasoning on top to make your drink look extra festive.