Watch PIX11 Morning News on Wednesday the 24th for a chance to win a trip to Bimini!
Catch the Morning News this coming Wednesday the 24th for a chance to win a four-day / three-night stay for two in the Bahamas.
The Winner and their guest will receive round trip airfare to Resorts World Bimini from Newark Airport.
To enter, a code word will be displayed during the PIX11 Morning News. Text the keyword to phone number 77944.
Can’t Text? ENTER HERE (shortcode: 77944)
BIMINI BLISS TRIP GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident NY, NJ or CT and live within the WPIX broadcast viewing area at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of Sponsor, Resorts World Bimini, and of their advertising companies, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion contractors and/or public relations companies, and any other entity that participated in the creation, operation or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Entrants who have won any prize from WPIX within the 30 days immediately preceding May 1, 2017 are not eligible to win and will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside the eligibility area set forth above.
- TO ENTER:Sweepstakes begins Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM ET and runs through Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM ET. To enter, watch the PIX11 Morning News on PIX11. A keyword (the “Keyword”) will be displayed on screen during the PIX11 Morning News broadcast between 8:00 AM ET and 9:00 AM ET, and viewers will be directed to enter the Keyword for the Sweepstakes drawing either via text or online as described below. Entries must be received by 9:00 AM ET on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 to be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Keyword if breaking news or other unanticipated events prevent the Keyword announcement from occurring as scheduled. If such changes occur, they will be posted on PIX11.com/rewards.
- Enter via Text Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 77944 with the Keyword in the body of the message. Entrants must text the correct Keyword as displayed in that day’s PIX11 Morning News broadcast. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. If you enter by text messaging, you must have a valid mobile telephone number and a text messaging two-way capable handset. Message and data rates may apply. Text messaging and wireless services are not available in all areas. Text STOP to stop and HELP for help. Text-message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. If any dispute arises as to the identity of any text entrant, the entrant will be considered the authorized account holder. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on the cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct Keyword will be eligible.
- Enter Online: Log onto PIX11.com/rewards and follow the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Accurately complete the entry form, including the correct Keyword, your name, age, valid email address, and telephone or mobile phone number. Online entries containing attachments or generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Online entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, and entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If any dispute arises as to identity of any online entrant, the entrant will be considered the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider’s records. Only entries to the designated website and containing the correct Keyword will be eligible.
- Restrictions: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. Limit one entry per person. Entries in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries.
- SELECTION OF WINNER:One winner will be chosen by random drawing from among all eligible text and online entries received, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify the winner by telephone. Potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select another winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting) if: (a) potential winner does not respond within 24 hours of first notification attempt; (b) potential winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) potential winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; (d) potential winner does not sign and return any required documents or provide required information by deadlines set by Sponsor; and/or (e) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
- PRIZE:Grand Prize winner will receive a four-day / three-night stay for two in the Hilton at Resorts World Bimini. Prize also consists of two roundtrip tickets from Newark Airport to Bimini on Elite Airways. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $3,000 US. Must complete travel before May 1, 2018. Does not include Resort Fees or other incidentals. Additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
- CONDITIONS ON TRAVEL ELEMENTS: Winner and his/her guest must be eighteen years of age at the time of travel, must travel on the same itinerary, and must possess all required travel documents. Air travel and resort stay are not eligible for loyalty program points. Winner and his/her guest will be responsible for all meals, incidentals, telephone charges, ground transportation, and any other fees and expenses incurred in connection with the Grand Prize other than those specifically identified as part of the prize (above). Hotel accommodations and flights are subject to availability. Winner may be required to present at least one valid major credit card in order to check into accommodations. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by resort or any other persons or entities providing any of the prize elements or services. Actual value of prize may vary depending on dates of travel and other variables. If actual value is less than stated ARV, difference in prize value will not be awarded.
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, which may substitute a prize of greater or comparable value. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. If the winner is not able to attend, or otherwise fails to use or redeem any element of the prize, winner shall forfeit the prize (or such prize element) and no additional or substitute prize or compensation will be provided. If winner elects to travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Prize is awarded as-is, with no express or implied warranties or guarantees by Sponsor.
- TAXES: Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for the prize and may be required to fill out and submit a completed W9 form (available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) prior to receiving prize. Winner receiving prize valued at $600 or more will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the value of such prize.
- RELEASES & WAIVER:By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, hometown, and likeness in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose in connection with the Sweepstakes, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor, Resorts World Bimini and/or each of their affiliates and/or licensees, without additional compensation. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, Resorts World Bimini, any other prize supplier and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of an entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (b) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees. Winner and his/her travel companion by acceptance and use of a prize or any prize element described herein, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Neither Sponsor nor prize supplier is responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner or travel companion incurred in connection with the use of a prize. Winner and his/her travel companion may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity prior to receiving a prize. Failure to do so by winner may result in forfeiture of prize, and Sponsor may choose another winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of these Official Rules will govern.
- FRAUD/TAMPERING:If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the individual implicated in such action and/or to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet any mobile sites or apps or any combination thereof.
- REMEDIES, CHOICE OF LAW, VENUE:By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. Sweepstakes rules will be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions. Venue for any action concerning the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be in the courts located in New York, New York.
- SPONSOR:Sweepstakes is sponsored by WPIX TV, 220 East 42 Street, New York, NY 10017.
- RULES & WINNER LIST: A copy of the Official Rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES,Bimini Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at pix11.com. For a winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after May 30th, 2017 to: Winner List, Bimini Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017. Requests for winner list must be received by January 1, 2018