NEW YORK — New Yorkers are about to strip down and hop on the train for the 16th annual No Pants Subway Ride.
This Sunday, straphangers will be traveling in the almost-buff as part of the Improv Everywhere escapade.
What’s required of you: Bring a MetroCard and a backpack or bag, a willingness to take off your pants and the ability to keep a straight face. Wear winter clothes otherwise, as the high is forecast to be about 29 degrees.
When: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 8; followed by an after party at Bar 13
Where: There are seven spots in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens where participants will meet to start their journey. It’s a production, so be sure to read all the rules and familiarize yourself with the game plan.
- Astoria: Meet at Hoyt Playground
- Brooklyn: Meet by the Old Stone House
- Downtown Manhattan: Meet at Foley Square
- Midtown Manhattan: Meet at Hudson Yards Park on 34th Street
- Queens: Meet at the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows Park
- Uptown Manhattan: Meet at the Great Hill in Central Park
- Williamsburg / Bushwick: Meet at Maria Hernandez Park
Why: Just because. It began in 2002 as a prank organized by seven friends and grew into an “international celebration of silliness.”