NEW YORK — Any tennis fans out there?
We’re giving away a pair of tickets to see Andy Roddick, John McEnroe, James Blake, and others!
They’ll be competing in the Powershares QQQ Cup on Saturday, Jan. 7 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
To enter, just watch the PIX11 Morning News on Tuesday, Jan 3.
Sometime during the 7 a.m. hour, we’ll reveal a codeword.
Text that word to phone number 77944 and you’ll automatically be entered to win.
One lucky PIX11 Morning News viewer will win two tickets to the event.
WPIX-TV TENNIS POWERSHARES QQQ GIVEAWAY LEGAL RULES
JANUARY 3, 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of NY, NJ or CT and reside within the WPIX broadcast viewing area at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or those employees’ immediate family members. Employees and their immediate family members of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, and of any of this Sweepstakes’ advertising or promotional agencies or sponsors are also ineligible. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” means grandparents, parents, siblings, spouse, and children (including stepchildren). This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside the eligibility area set forth above.
- TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins Tuesday January 3, 2017 at 6:00 a.m. ET and runs through Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, watch PIX 11 Morning News on PIX11. A keyword (the “Keyword”) will be displayed on screen twice during the PIX 11 News broadcast from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., and viewers will be directed to enter each Keyword for the Sweepstakes drawing either via text or online as described below. Entries must be received by 11:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday to be eligible.
- Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 77944 with the Keyword in the body of the message. Entrants must text the correct Keyword as displayed in that day’s PIX 11 MORNING News broadcast. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. If you enter by text messaging, you must have a valid mobile telephone number and a text messaging two-way capable handset. Message and data rates may apply. Text messaging and wireless services are not available in all areas. Text STOP to stop and HELP for help. Text-message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. If any dispute arises as to the identity of any text entrant, the entrant will be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct Keyword will be eligible.
- Enter On-Line: Log onto PIX11.com during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Accurately complete the entry form, including the correct Keyword, your name, age, valid email address, telephone or mobile phone number. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, and entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If any dispute arises as to identity of any online entrant, the entrant will be considered the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider’s records. Only entries to the designated website and containing the correct Keyword will be eligible.
- Restrictions: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. Limit one entry per person, per Keyword, regardless of method of entry, so each person can enter up to four times. Entries in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: One winner will be chosen by random drawing from among all eligible text and online entries received for each Keyword for a total of one winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will attempt to notify the winner by telephone. A potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select another winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting) if: (a) a potential winner does not respond within 24 hours of first notification attempt; (b) a potential winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a potential winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; (d) a potential winner does not sign and return any required documents or provide required information by deadlines set by Sponsor; and/or (e) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
- PRIZE & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: There is one prize. The winner will receive two tickets to the TENNIS POWERSHARES QQQ CUP at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. ET (the “Event”). Approximate retail value of the prize: $258.00. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited, and no alternate winner will be selected. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
Use of Event tickets is subject to all rules and restrictions of the Event and its venue. Sponsor and prize provider will not be responsible for weather, talent illness or other inability to perform, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, strike, work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Event, and the terms and conditions of the tickets will govern in such event. Sponsor will not replace lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets or similar items once they have been given to winner. All prize details will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local income, sales and use taxes (if any), or any other taxes, fees, and surcharges, gratuities, tips, transportation, parking, souvenirs, concessions, upgrades, personal items, and incidentals. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. Any portion of the prize not used by winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. If winner is unable to attend Event on designated date at designated time, prize will be forfeited. Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor or prize provider.
- CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television in connection with the Sweepstakes, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. By entering, entrants agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, prize provider and their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Neither Sponsor nor prize provider is responsible for personal injury of prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving the prize, and, if so, must do so within two business days of the date Sponsor sends the same to winner and prior to attending the Event. Guest of winner (and parent or legal guardian of guest who is a minor) and may be required to sign and return release prior to attending Event with winner.
As a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in the state of New York, to which participant submits to personal jurisdiction; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; or (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor shall not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any of the entry or marketing materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
- INTERNET: If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, it will determine the winner for the Keywords released prior to termination by random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Sweepstakes termination. Sponsor will not announce subsequent Keyword (if any). If Sponsor terminates or modifies the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will post notice on the official Sweepstakes website and announce the termination on the subsequent broadcasts of PIX11 Morning News, as applicable.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER NAME: A copy of the Official Rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES, TENNIS POWERSHARES QQQ GIVEAWAY WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at www.pix11.com. For winner name, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Winner Name, TENNIS POWERSHARES QQQ GIVEAWAY, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017 to be received by no later than February 10, 2017.
- SPONSOR: WPIX TV, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.