NEVER MISS A STORY: GET THE PIX11 NEWS APP FOR IMPORTANT UPDATES

Woman rescued by firefighters in Bronx apartment blaze

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

THE BRONX, N.Y. — A woman was hospitalized after a fire broke out in a Bronx apartment late Sunday.

The fire broke out around 9:15 p.m., in a five-story building located at 1038 Southern Boulevard. It quickly grew to three alarms. The blaze was placed under control about an hour later.

The victim, who suffered smoke inhalation, was rescued by firefighters and then taken to a local hospital where she is expected to be recover.

There were no other reported injuries.