MIDTOWN MANHATTAN — Multiple streets will be closed Friday for the Veterans Day Parade and Festival.
The following streets will be closed Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the parade:
- Broadway between 23rd Street and 25th Street
- 26th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
- 27th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
- 28th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
- 29th Street between Broadway and 5th Avenue
- 52nd Street between 6th Avenue and Park Avenue
- 53rd Street between 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue
Fifth Avenue from 26th Street to 52nd Street, the parade route, will also be closed. The festival will be on 53rd Street between 6th Avenue and Madison Avenue
Commuters should expect delays and detours on MTA buses and express buses in Midtown.
Military personnel and their dependents interested in coming to the parade or just traveling will receive a reduced NJ Transit fare rate Friday after showing their military or military dependent ID card. The reduced rate will apply to Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard or Retired members from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard.
All active and retired military personnel with a valid ID will also receive free commuter ferry service on NY Waterway.