Queens boy, 15, accused in ‘several hundreds swatting cases’ across US is arrested

NASSAU COUNTY, N.Y. — A 15-year-old boy has been arrested, and is accused of being involved in “several hundreds swatting cases across the United States,” the Nassau County Police Department said Friday.

The teen, who police are not identifying because he is a juvenile, was arrested Thursday for allegedly falsely making an emergency call on Feb. 5.

In the call, the teen said his father had been shot and mother was tied up, police said.

Emergency officials previously responded to several false calls made from the Sunnyside Boulevard location over the past “few” years, and all were determined to be “swatting” events — or calls meant to prompt a SWAT team response to a person’s home under false pretense, according to police.

The teen was later determined to be involved in several hundred swatting cases across the country, according to a subsequent investigation by Crimes Against Property Squad detectives, the Bergen County New Jersey Prosecutors office, NYPD and Homeland Security.

He is being charged with reckless endangerment in the first degree, and two counts of falsely reporting an incident, police said.