LOS ANGELES — A source familiar with an investigation into whether actor Brad Pitt was abusive toward his son on a private flight in September says the case has been closed with no finding of abuse by the actor.
The source, who was not authorized to speak publicly, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the investigation was closed within the past few days.
Multiples sources have said the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services had been looking into allegations Pitt was abusive toward his 15-year-old son on the flight in mid-September. Pitt’s wife, Angelina Jolie Pitt, filed for divorce days after the incident.
Custody of the actors’ six children has been the primary issue in their divorce.
A spokesman for the department said the agency could not confirm it investigated Pitt.