HOBOKEN, N.J. – Commuters will face another challenging rush-hour commute Monday following the deadly Hoboken train crash last week.
Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service has been restored into and out of Hoboken and will continue to operate on a full weekday schedule. However, NJ Transit service into and out of Hoboken Terminal remains suspended following the collision as the NTSB continues their investigation.
Cross honoring with PATH, ferries, NJ Transit bus and private carriers will continue until further notice. NJ transit warns customers may experience overcrowding and possible delays caused by congestion.
- Main, Bergen, Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines will continue to operate on a weekend schedule originating and terminating in Secaucus, with stops at Teterboro and Woodcliff Lake stations (weekdays only).
- All rail service to and from New York Penn Station will operate on a normal weekday schedule. This includes Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line and MidTOWN DIRECT trains.
- Raritan Valley and Atlantic City Rail Lines will operate on normal weekday schedules.
- Customers in New York City who need to access Secaucus are urged to take trains from New York Penn Station or use the Port Authority Bus Terminal for NJ TRANSIT and private carrier busing alternatives.
- Customers in Hoboken and Jersey City who need to access Secaucus are urged to use Hudson-Bergen Light Rail to Liberty State Park, where shuttle buses will take them to Secaucus.
- Morris & Essex Line, Gladstone Branch and Montclair-Boonton Line will have limited service running every two hours for points west of Montclair State University and west of Dover, in addition to regular MidTOWN DIRECT service.
- Please NOTE: MidTOWN DIRECT service will make additional stops east of Summit.
- NJ TRANSIT urges customers to check njtransit.com for service updates and sign up for MyTransit alerts, which provide service updates via text or email.
- Extra service on select bus routes which run parallel to Main/Bergen and Pascack Valley rail lines.
- Shuttle buses will operate between Liberty State Park light rail station in Jersey City and Secaucus Junction.
- All Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service has been restored into and out of Hoboken and will continue to operate on a normal weekday schedule.
Metro North Service for Pascack Valley Line and Port Jervis Customers
- For schedule information, click HERE.
New York Waterway Ferry
- EDGEWATER – Rush-hour service to West 39th Street.
- LINCOLN HARBOR, WEEHAWKEN – All-day service to West 39th Street.
- HOBOKEN 14th STREET – All-day service to West 39th Street and rush-hour service to World Financial Center.
- HOBOKEN RAIL/FERRY TERMINAL – All-day service to World Financial Center and to Wall Street.
- PAULUS HOOK, JERSEY CITY – All-day service to World Financial Center and Wall Street and rush-hour service to West 39th Street. This terminal is next to a Light Rail station.
- LIBERTY HARBOR/MARIN BLVD. – Rush-hour service to Wall Street. Parking and Light Rail service.
- PORT LIBERTE – Rush-hour service to Wall Street.
- BELFORD/MIDDLETOWN – Rush-hour service to Wall Street, World Financial Center, Paulus Hook and West 39th Street.