NEVER MISS A STORY: Get the PIX11 News app for breaking news alerts all day

Man gets 20 years in stabbing death during Port Chester burglary in 2011

PORT CHESTER, N.Y. — A 22-year-old man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison in the stabbing death of a father during a home invasion.

Jahkim McGhee, 22, has been sentenced to 20 years in prison in the stabbing death of Anthony Gulielmo in 2011. (Westchester County DA)

Jahkim McGhee, 22, has been sentenced to 20 years in prison in the stabbing death of Anthony Gulielmo in 2011. (Westchester County DA)

Jahkim McGhee had told authorities he broke into the Port Chester house in September 2011 to steal money while under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and ended up “accidentally” stabbing Anthony Guglielmo while he slept.

The sentence comes after McGhee pleaded guilty in May to first-degree manslaughter, officials said. McGhee previously denied any involvement in the crime and pleaded not guilty to a slew of charges, but later admitted to stabbing Gugielmo and was indicted in 2014.

Police responded to a burglary in progress at Guglielmo’s house around 5:30 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2011, and found the 54-year-old man lying on the floor with a stab wound to his chest and a large butcher knife next to him, according to the Westchester County District Attorney’s office.

After an investigation revealed a fingerprint on a window of the house matched that of McGhee’s, police arrested the then 20-year-old Port Chester resident, authorities said. Officials also discovered McGhee had lived across the street from Guglielmo in 2010 and early 2011, prosecutors say.

The 911 call was placed by Guglielmo’s 14-year-old daughter Nicole, who was initially a suspect, according to reports. Although her name was cleared, the girl’s lawyer said she faced bullying and murder accusations for three years until McGhee was indicted in 2014.