NEW YORK — Six moments of silence are part of the commemoration marking the 15th anniversary of the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
The public is invited to observe any or all of them:
- 8:46 a.m.: Flight 11 strikes the North Tower
- 9:03 a.m.: Flight 175 strikes the South Tower
- 9:37 a.m.: Flight 77 crashes into the Pentagon, near Washington, D.C.
- 9:59 a.m.: The South Tower falls
- 10:03 a.m.: Flight 93 crashes in Shanksville, Penn., after passengers launch a counterattack on hijackers aboard the United Airlines plane
- 10:28 a.m.: The North Tower falls