PURCHASE, N.Y. — Firefighters battled a blaze that started inside a dorm room at SUNY Purchase Sunday evening.
The fire broke out around 10 p.m. inside a dorm room on campus at 735 Anderson Hill Road in Purchase.
No one was injured in the fire.
Purchase College spokeswoman Betsy Aldredge says Sunday night all students are accounted for after a fire broke out in the apartment-style dorm.
It wasn’t immediately clear what sparked the blaze, but Aldredge says two local fire departments and the utility Consolidated Edison are on scene.
She says the blaze was contained to one room.
Purchase College is among 64 universities that make up the State University of New York system.
It’s located on 500-acre farm in Westchester County, about 33 miles north of New York City near the Connecticut border.
About 4,200 students attend the liberal arts college.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.