Lifestyle expert Nicole Young highlights clean, lean low-cal snacks and sips that are perfect for the Fourth of July festivities.
Red Hot Pesto Dip
- 1/2 cup House Food Organic soft Tofu
- 2 oz Pompeian smooth extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups roasted tomatoes (or canned organic tomatoes)
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 6-7 basil leaves
- 2 oz yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- 1-2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Blend ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Serve with red, white and blue chips and/or crudite.
Fruity Banana Smoothie
- 8 oz Premier Protein Vanilla shake
- 1 frozen banana
Puree protein shake and Banana in a blender. Top with blueberries and strawberry slices.
Star Spangled ice cream soda
- 1/2 cup melted Lactaid Ice cream
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 scoops Lactaid Ice cream
- Fruity Pebbles cereal for garnish
Gently whisk 1/2 cup of melted Lactaid Ice cream and 1/2 cup club soda in a glass. Pour mixture over 2 scoops of Lactaid Mint Chocolate chip Ice cream and garnish with red and blue Fruity Pebbles flakes.
Berry Grape Sangria
- 1 bottle Banfi Rosa Regale sparking red wine
- 2 cups DAVIDsTEA grape freeze tea
- 1 cup fresh squeezed Orange juice
- Blueberries for garnish
Blend ingredients in a pitcher and garnish with blueberries. Serve over ice.
Ginger Colada Sangria
- 1 bottle Banfi San Angelo Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup DAVIDsTEA coco colada tea
- 1 cup extra dry ginger ale
- Strawberry slices for garnish
Blend liquid ingredients in a pitcher then add strawberries. Serve over ice.