Chef Mark Bailey shows us four recipes you can make Christmas morning for your family.
Sweet and Savory Make Ahead Christmas Breakfast
Tired of getting stuck in the kitchen on Christmas morning and missing out on the merry moments? Well, private chef and author of Cooking In Boxers: 50 Ways To Keep Your Mate In Bed, Chef Mark Bailey is here with sweet and savory overnight breakfast recipes that will save you time in the kitchen on Christmas morning.
Baked Spiced Eggnog Donuts
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup egg nog
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp eggnog
Preheat oven to 325°
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour baking powder. cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger powder, allspice and salt. Mix well and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and butter well. Add egg and eggnog. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Generously grease a 6 donut pan with non stick cooking spray. Transfer batter to donut pan evenly between the six cups. Transfer to oven and bake for 12-13 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cook brush with glaze.
For glaze, mix powdered sugar and eggnog. Dip donuts into glaze or brush glaze on donuts. Return to rack. Dust with nutmeg.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole with Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
non-stick cooking spray
4 ounces unsalted butter
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a 3 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Remove dough from cans. Cut rolls into 1 inch bits. Transfer bits to baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, cinnamon & vanilla. Pour the custard over the cinnamon bits. Sprinkle with nuts and drizzle with syrup. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. In a microwaveable bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until creamed and thin.
6. Drizzle cream cheese icing over c,cinnamon roll casserole.
Baked and Crispy Breakfast Burritos
6 medium tortillas (flour, spinach and tomato)
8 medium button mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream sour cream
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup cooked ham, chopped (optional)
2 small jalapeño peppers, chopped (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
Heat oil over medium heat in a small skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, bell peppers, ham and jalapeño peppers (if using). In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir until eggs are cooked and fluffy. Remove from heat.
Spread a strip of sour cream across center of tortilla. Top with scrambled eggs. Top eggs with mushrooms and then sprinkle with cheeses and chives. Be careful not to overstuff.
Roll the tortilla from top to bottom folding in the edges. Stack tortillas and refrigerate.
For Crispy Burrito:
Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When oil is hot, transfer burritos to the pan and cool each side until golden brown. Serve warm.
For Baked Burrito:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake burritos until fully warm and cheese has melted. Serve warm.
Arugula & Chicken Apple Breakfast Pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
- 4 cups bread cubes, 1 inch
- 5 cups chopped arugula, wilted
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Coat an 11-by-7-inch glass baking dish or a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. To prepare custard: Whisk egg whites, eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Add mustard, salt, pepper and basil: whisk to combine. Toss bread, arugula and sausage in a large bowl. Add the custard and toss well to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and push down to compact. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Transfer baking dish to oven and bake until the custard has set, 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until the pudding is puffed and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.