HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. — Police are looking for the man responsible for robbing a tanning salon at gun point.
According to Suffolk County police, on Friday at 8:30 p.m., the suspect entered Beach Bum Tanning at 333 E. Jericho Turnpike in Huntington Station, armed with a handgun.
The suspect forced two female employees to the back of the store, then restrained the victims before he removed cash from drawers.
There were no customers inside the store at the time, and the employees were uninjured.
Suffolk County police describe the suspect as 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, with a thin to medium build. The suspect was reportedly wearing a scarf and hat.
Dating back to August, a pattern of five similar robberies in the area have occurred:
- November 22: Pier 1 Imports in Huntington Station
- November 2 at Rainbow Shops in North Lindenhurst
- September 7 at Avenue Clothing in East Farmingdale
- October 12 at New York and Co. in West Babylon
- October 26 at Avenue Clothing in Deer Park
Suffolk County Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest. Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS (8477). All calls will be kept confidential.