PIX11 NOW: Get PIX11 News and weather on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire and Amazon Alexa

4 young people found dead in cabin from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BYRON, Maine — It’s unclear when a Maine sheriff’s department will be releasing more information about the deaths of four young people from Massachusetts who were found dead in a cabin from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Oxford County Sheriff’s Department says the bodies of two men and two women between the ages of 18 and 22 were found Friday night at a cabin in Byron. Family members found the victims.

An official said Saturday efforts were continuing to notify the victims’ relatives. Their names were not immediately released.

WCVB-TV in Boston reports that the cabin did not have electricity and there was a generator in the basement. Authorities say the generator apparently had been in operation before running out of gas.