You don't have to go far a great beach escape. We'll tell you about five beach bargains pretty close to home.
From Florida to the Cayman Islands, we're combing some of the best beaches to help find your next vacation spot.
Baron’s Cove, Sag Harbor, The Hamptons
• Deluxe waterfront inn that just opened after a major two-year renovation
• This 50-year property has hosted celebs like John Steinbeck, Paul Newman and Art Garfunkel, and gets high marks for its breezy porch, wood-burning fireplaces and harbor-view dining
• Known as the “un-Hamptons,” laid back Sag Harbor is a former whaling town whose 19th century Main Street (5 min. walk from the hotel) is filled w/restaurants, galleries and museums$189/nt. Travel thru June; July dates at $23
Beach Plum Resort, Montauk
• Boutique resort located on a gorgeous stretch of Montauk beach
• Property is walking distance to Village of Montauk; accommodations are uniquely decorated w/full kitchens
• Nicknamed “The End” for its eastern-most location on Long Island, Montauk is known for its fishing and surfing, clam bakes on the beach and the nation’s 4th oldest active lighthouse (commissioned by George Washington $159/nt. Travel June & Sept.; July and August dates slightly higher.
Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, Vero Beach, FL
• Deluxe AAA 4-Diamond property set on miles of pristine beach, located 20 min. from Palm Beach International AIrport
• As a Kimpton hotel, this resort is pet-friendly (w/no fees) and offers a complimentary nightly wine hour
• Property gets high marks for its onsite restaurant, Cobalt, and its spa
o $119/nt. (50% off) w/waived resort fee ($26/nt. value) Travel June-Oct.
Tropical Escape, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
• Roundtrip airfare from EWR to Punta Cana
• 6 nights at the brand new 5-Star CHIC by Royalton Luxury Resort
o Opened just 5 months ago on pristine Uvero Alto Beach, this is an adults-only resort
o Property features 7 restaurants, 7 bars, a disco and themed pool parties
• All-inclusive: all meals, cocktails/drinks, activities, tipping included
o $799/pp (50% off). Travel thru Oct.
El San Juan Resort & Casino, a Hilton Hotel, San Juan, Puerto Rico
• Deluxe 4-Star hotel located on 15 acres and on 2 miles of private beach
• Amenities include 9 restaurants, 15 bars/lounges, 3 pools (inc. an Olympic-size pool and the Fantasy Pool w/live DJ), a Galeria shopping arcade, an upscale spa and a 7500-sq.ft. casino
• Property is on the desirable Isla Verde district of San Juan and 15 min. from the entertainment and hsitoric attractions of Old San Juan
o $169/nt. (45% off) w/breakfast daily and 20% off dining. Travel June-Aug.
Brac Reef Beach Resort, Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands
• All-inclusive week-long vacation that’s any avid diver’s dream getaway
o 7 nights in a Beach View Room
o 17 boat dives included (3 per day)
o All meals included (inc. 3 cocktails per night)
o Airport transfers included
• The resort offers hiking, fishing, kayaking, biking and rock climbing excursions, along with an on-site spa
o $1590/pp. Travel thru Dec. 20
For more information, refer to: http://www.travelzoo.com/tv/PIX11