Carbon monoxide leak sickens residents of Washington Heights apartment building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, Manhattan (PIX11) -- Several people, including a 3-year-old girl, were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a leak inside a Washington Heights apartment building.

Approximately 200 residents were evacuated from the building on W. 163rd Street and Fort Washington Avenue.

Officials say the leak was possibly caused by a Con Edison job gone wrong.

An official told PIX11 the FDNY and Con Ed are working to remain the leak.

Dozens are residents have been taken to local shelters.

The condition of those exposed to the CO is unknown at this time.