IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE
SIGN UP NOW: GET PIX11 NEWS HEADLINES DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

‘All clear’ given after JFK-bound flight involved in threat

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

QUEENS (PIX11) -- No bomb was found on a New York-bound flight that landed at John F. Kennedy International Airport Sunday after authorities received a threat involving the aircraft, officials said.

Some 200 passengers plus crew members had been evacuated from American Airlines Flight 67 after it landed safely about noon at JFK.

Police and K-9 unit dogs swept the aircraft and its cargo after someone called in a threat involving the plane.

Joe Pentangelo, spokesman with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police, told the Associated Press all is now clear and the investigation has shifted to the source of the threatening call.

Passengers identified the flight as American Airlines Flight 67, which originated in Barcelona.

Teresa Dietrich, who was on board as the situation unfolded, said she and her fellow passengers were led off the plane and onto buses that carried them from the tarmac to the terminal. No one was hurt.

Members of the NYPD bomb squad and FDNY responded to the scene, and the FBI was notified, authorities said.

Sunday is one of the busiest travel days of the year on the road and at the nation's airports, as millions of Americans who traveled for Thanksgiving are heading home after the holiday weekend.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 8,648 other followers