NEW YORK CITY (PIX11) — Starting this week, New Yorkers will be able to worry less about paying overpriced ATM fees.
FreeATM rolled out 25 locations across Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens Tuesday. The company is working to “end ATM fees forever” with their expansion.
In exchange for saving money in fees, ATM users will have to watch a 10-second video advertisement before getting their cash. The ads vary according to location and time of day, CNBC reported.
“Customers don’t want to pay ATM fees, no matter how rich or poor they are,” Clinton Townsend, the company’s co-founder and CEO told the website.
The company plans to add even more locations in New York by the end of the year. Once they reach 250 locations in the state, they anticipate expanding to Boston and Washington D.C.
In September, CNNMoney reported ATM fees increased 23% in the past five years. On average, a customer is charged a total of $4.35 for each transaction.
As of November 4, 2014, the following locations have FreeATMs:
- Brooklyn Swirls – 445 Marcus Garvey Blvd
- Napoleon’s Southern Cuisine 1180 Bedford Avenue
- Express Yourself Barista Bar – 82 Central Avenue
- Radio Bushwick – 22 Wyckoff Avenue
- Clinton Hill
- Pushkin Creperie Bakery – 541 Myrtle Avenue
- East Williamsburg
- Evil Olive Pizza Bar – 198 Union Avenue
- Park Slope
- La Bruschetta Pizza – 256 7th Avenue
- Tea Lounge – 837 Union Street
- The Fifth Estate – 506 5th Avenue
- Prospect Heights
- Pennyhouse Café – 732 Washington Avenue
- South Slope
- Breadfruit Tree Café – 453 4th Avenue
- Knitting Factory – 361 Metropolitan Avenue
- East Village
- Juke Bar NYC – 196 2nd Avenue
- Financial District
- Cafe Exchange – 49 Broadway
- Variety Café – 65 Broadway
- Manhattan Fish Market – 3344 Broadway
- Midtown East
- Cafe Basil – 762 3rd Avenue
- Cafe Olympia – 833 2nd Avenue
- Midtown West
- AlleyNYC – 500 7th Ave, 17th Floor
- Pergola – 109 West. 39 Street
- Stage Star – 105 West 55th Street
- Times Deli – 158 West 44th Street
- Front Towards Enemy – 40-11 30th Avenue
- Cake House Win – 136-60 39th Avenue
- Long Island City
- The Baroness Bar – 41-26 Crescent Street
— Stefanos (@stefanoslm) October 31, 2014