NEW YORK (PIX11) -- Iyanla Vanzant has worked tirelessly for three decades to spread a message of empowerment and evolved consciousness.
A self-described woman of passion and purpose, Iyanla is best known for her 15 books (including five New York Times bestsellers), CDs, and guest appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Currently, she hosts Iyanla: Fix My Life on the OWN network, and has been named one of Ebony Magazine's "100 most influential Black Americans."
Vanzant is part of Lafayette 148 New York, a charity project along with lifestyle blogger Catherine McCord and actress Diane Farr, where these women create version of a white shirt and donate 30 percent of retail sales to a children's cause of their choice.
She is raising money for the National Cares Mentoring Movement, which offers mentoring for youth in need.
To donate, visit this website: http://www.lafayette148ny.com/italian-stretch-cotton-iyanla-blouse.html
She also offers five tips for better living below:
- Daily Spiritual Writing: Whether it's a journal, meditation or prayer, practice internal connection to oneself.
- Care & Self Nurturing: Give time to oneself, hear your own voice, connect.
- Forgive Everyone for Everything: Don't give negative people your energy, keep it to yourself.
- Be Grateful: Be thankful for everyday, and everyone in your worst hour.
- Have a Vision: Focus on dream, hopes and images to play in your mind.