‘Fashion Police’ to continue in 2015 without Joan Rivers

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(CNN) — E! will keep producing “Fashion Police” without Joan Rivers, the talk show’s ringleader who died earlier this month.

The legendary comedian passed away at age 81 a week after suffering cardiac arrest during an appointment at Manhattan’s Yorkville Endoscopy clinic.

The cable channel said Friday that it had decided, with the blessing of Rivers’ daughter Melissa, “that Joan would have wanted the franchise to continue.”

“Fashion Police” will resume in January 2015 with coverage of the Golden Globes awards ceremony and red carpet.

E! did not say who would host the show.

Joan Rivers was the original star of “Fashion Police,” which premiered in 2010 and became a fixture of the cable channel. Her daughter was an executive producer of it. On the show, Rivers led group dissections of celebrity wardrobe triumphs and tragedies.

While a number of other E! personalities were program regulars, Rivers was "Fashion Police's" snarky heart; that's why, when she died, some observers predicted that E! would not re-cast the show. E!, however, would have lost one of its best-known franchises.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of Joan Rivers and, for the last two weeks, have turned our attention to honoring her memory on all of our platforms," E! said in a statement Friday.

"We have also thought long and hard about what Joan would have wanted as it pertains to the future of 'Fashion Police,'" which led to the decision to continue the show, the channel said.