(PIX11) — Curtis Stone and Gail Simmons from “Top Chef Duels” stopped by Wednesday morning to heat things up in our studio.
These celebrity chefs have a new culinary competition series that brings back 18 of the best culinary talents for a royal battle of epic proportions.
The show premieres Wednesday night at 10 p.m. on Bravo TV.
Kaitlin Monte and Rachel Frank battled it out to see who makes the better omelette.
Here are their recipes for you to try at home.
Rachel’s winning bacon veggie scramble (with a kick)
- Sautee peppers, onions and jalapenos in butter until carmelized
- Put the veggies aside
- Butter pan liberally (butter makes everything better)
- Add eggs and veggies
- Once eggs start to firm up, add cheddar cheese
- Cook to desired consistency
Kaitlin’s Simple Scramble
- Melt a quarter stick of butter into a skillet (yes, THAT much butter!)
- Add 3-4 whisked eggs and keep stirring them slowly
- Mix in in a big pinch of salt and a big pinch of cayenne pepper (but don’t lick your fingers after that…d’oh!)
- Top with sliced avocado and sliced prosciutto. In a perfect world, I’d put a slice or two of mozzarella cheese on the side.
- Sprinkle some pepper and enjoy!