iPad Air Sweepstakes
Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident NY, NJ or CT at the time of entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes begins on February 17, 2014 at 4:00AM EST and ends on March 5, 2014 at 11PM EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries must be received by 11PM EST on March 5, 2014.
1. TO ENTER: Log onto facebook.com/pix11news during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the iPad Air Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page for the iPad Air Sweepstakes. Complete the entire entry form, including your full name and email. Entrants must use their own name. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. You must have a valid e-mail account in order for your entry to be eligible. On-line entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attachments are not eligible and will be rejected. If any dispute arises as to identity of any online-entrant, the entrant shall be deemed the individual to whom the entry’s email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider’s records. Only entries to the designated website shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. One entry per person. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of connections, cell phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about March 5, 2014, 1 winner will be selected at random from among all eligible online entries received, subject to verification and compliance with these rules. Winners will be announced on the PIX11 Facebook page and will be notified by email provided in the corresponding entry form. If a selected winner is not eligible, declines the prize or fails to respond within 24-hours of Sponsor’s first notification attempt, such entrant may be disqualified, in which case, Sponsor may select an alternate winner at random from remaining eligible entries (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
3. PRIZES: One winner will receive 1 iPad Air 16GB Silver (ARV $499). Prize Winners may be required to provide proof of identity and eligibility in order to claim prize. If a winner fails to do so within the time period required by Sponsor, the winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash. Prize substitution will not be allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and no alternate winners will be selected. Only one prize will be awarded per person and per household. Prizes are awarded as-is, with no express or implied warranties or guarantees by Sponsor. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize. Winners may be required to fill out and submit a completed W9 form (available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) prior to receiving a prize. Winners receiving prizes valued at $600 or more will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the value of such prizes.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor, Prize supplier and/or each of their affiliates and/or licensees, without additional compensation. Winner by acceptance and use of a prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its prize supplier(s), and each of their respective parent companies and affiliates, and each of their respective employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of the prize. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving a prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility (including proof of identity, age and residence) to receive prize (for example, in the form of a valid government-issued drivers license or identification card).
5. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, its prize suppliers or any of their respective employees. Immediate family members, employees or immediate family members of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sweepstakes sponsors (including prize suppliers) are also ineligible. Entrants who have won any prize from WPIX within the 30 days immediately preceding March 5, 2014 are not eligible to win and will be disqualified.
7. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WPIX TV, 220 East 42 Street, New York, NY 10017. A copy of the official rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES, IPAD AIR SWEEPSTAKES, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at www.pix11.com. For a winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after March 5, 2014 to: Winners List, IPAD AIR SWEEPSTAKES, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.
8. If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.