IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE
SIGN UP NOW: GET PIX11 NEWS HEADLINES DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

Extension cord caused deadly Hell’s Kitchen high-rise fire: FDNY

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW YORK (PIX11) – Officials say the fire that killed a young man and badly injured his new husband in a Hell’s Kitchen high-rise was caused by an extension cord.

The fire marshal confirmed the blaze in the 42-story building on West 43rd Street was caused by a power strip which was possibly connected to a Christmas tree.

Daniel McClung, 27, and Michael Cohen, 32, were found in a stairwell of the building. McClung died of his injuries and Cohen remains in stable condition at an area hospital.

About 40 units responded to the scene and the fire was brought under control at about 1 p.m.

McClung and Cohen had just married last July.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,593 other followers