Take a ride on the troubled Metro-North line.
Con Edison and MTA crews are working through the weekend and there may be some announcement Saturday about the progress.
Connecticut’s Governor has demanded there be some information by Sunday.
On Wednesday morning, the main feeder line failed. A backup line was already out for repairs. A cause has not been identified although Con Ed does not believe there was a strain on the system.
The MTA released a weekend schedule with limited service continuing. There will be hourly train service from all New Haven Line stations in both directions all day on Saturday and Sunday.
To Grand Central
• From New Haven, a train will depart at 45 minutes after the hour making all local stops to Stamford. At Stamford, customers can switch to a diesel train for express service to Grand Central or to a diesel train for local service to stops between Stamford and Grand Central.
• Express trains to Grand Central will depart Stamford at 55 minutes after every hour.
• Local trains making all stops (between Old Greenwich and Fordham) to Grand Central will depart Stamford on the hour, every hour.
From Grand Central
• Local train making all stops to Stamford will depart Grand Central at 34 minutes after every hour.
• Express trains to Stamford will depart Grand Central at 8 minutes after every hour. The express will connect with a local to New Haven, departing Stamford every hour on the hour.
Bus Service will be provided on the Waterbury Branch and limited shuttle train service will operate on the Danbury and New Canaan Branches.
Please visit our schedules pages later this afternoon for complete schedule information.
Customers Please Note:
• New Haven Line tickets continue to be cross honored on the Harlem Line
• Expect crowded conditions and listen for announcements
• NO BICYCLES will be allowed on New Haven Line trains this weekend.
CLICK FOR MORE: METRO-NORTH AT ONE THIRD CAPACITY