Cigarette may have caused deadly West Harrison fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

westharrison

(PIX11) — A deadly early morning fire at an apartment in West Harrison was most likely caused by a cigarette.

Fire officials believe the woman found dead in the apartment on Underhill Avenue fell asleep while smoking. She was found on the living room floor near the couch. The fire chief also says the apartment was cluttered with boxes and furniture.

 An autopsy has been scheduled; the victim’s name is being held pending family notification.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.