Nanny cam home invasion suspect arrested in New York

Police in Millburn, New Jersey say they have arrested the man who was caught on nanny cam savagely beating a young mother.

Police say 42-year-old Shawn Custis was arrested in the Inwood section Manhattan.

He has been charged with attempted murder, robbery, burglary and endangering the welfare of a child.

nanny-cam-beating-thumb-newThe nanny cam shows the man barging into home and attacking the woman, in front of her 3-year-old daughter.

He punched and kicked her repeatedly, then threw her down the stairs.

The victim’s husband issued this statement to PIX11:

“We are forever grateful to the incredible team of law enforcement officers for their hard work over the past week. Thanks to these heroes, our family can now begin the next chapter of our healing. We also want to thank everyone in the Millburn community, the Millburn Workmoms, and those from across the country for the outpouring of support.”

31 Comments to “Nanny cam home invasion suspect arrested in New York”

Bill said:
    June 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Bye bye Shawn. 40 years no parole seems fair.

Todd Peterman said:
    June 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM

How come its not black man beats white woman and the whole country isn't up in arms??? Oh yeah…

Joe momma said:
    June 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM

fucking nigger

wildkippy said:
    June 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM

these niggers won't quit being niggers. it's time for some old time lynching for the whole bunch of them and their muslim buddies.

anonymous said:
      June 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

He probably beat her since the Zimmerman trial has gone to shit.

Pampers11 said:
      June 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Please come to my house and try it. Pleeeeze!

wetware said:
      June 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

You're a bigot. Realize, if you can, that the vast majority are not like this, and hate what was done as much as anybody. Focus on the sole criminal IN THIS CASE. For him, I think a tree chipper sounds about right.

guest said:
    June 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaNNNNNDDDD roll racist commentary. A criminal victimized a law abiding citizen period. Color of skin had nothing to do with preclusion to violence.

R porter said:
      June 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Bullshit. You can remove the word nigger from the english language but you will never remove nigger from a nigger. They were born a nigger they will die a nigger.

guest said:
    June 29, 2013 at 6:48 PM

…but when a "white Hispanic" like Georgie Zimmerman shoots a kid after being attacked, it's racist, right?

Pampers11 said:
      June 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Yes, especially when he got out of his car and chased the boy around the neighborhood so the boy had to defend himself, idiot.

Roger Porter said:
    June 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Here is the problem, the people in power are scared of the niggers and convince everyone else to be scared so no one wants to say the truth. Check the FBI files and you will see that 82% of ALL crime (other than white collar) is committed by niggers and spicks. That is the truth ask Paula

zyxwvu-uvwxyz said:
    June 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM

So did Obama publicly declare yet that Shawn Custis could've been his son, as he did with Trayvonn Martin?

Mike said:
    June 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I just want to know why he did it. That looked personal. He could have robbed the place without beating the crap out of her. Dumb skell. I hope he got tuned up prior to being brought in. Guys in prison with hopefully teach this animal a lesson.

mj56163 said:
    June 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM

and if u are gonna rob a house , ummmm go rob a mansion

mj56163 said:
    June 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM

gabage! hes garbage! hope u get kicked right in your fuking throat in the prison cell , and one more thing your mother should be absolutely ashamed she raised a boy of this kind , wowwww!

Alice said:
    June 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM

They should hang him from a tree, & use him for a PINATA!

Disciple said:
    August 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I am Christian, it was the God of the Bible great pleasure to create me to be brown skin. When I saw this video on facebook, color didn’t matter to me, I am a father and husband , my child is 2 and my wife is with child. I look at the female and child as if it was my own sister or nephew. Since then I know that Vengeance belong to the LORD, and I prayed for justices,and continue to pray over my household while they slept. I am glad that He was caught. For those who are racist and say they are a Christian. 1 John 4:20 ” if someone say I love God and hates my brother he is a liar for he who does not love his brother only have seen how can you love God whom he have not seen and this commandment we have from him that he who loves God must love his brother. 1 Samuel 16:7 for man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart . As long as we are in this sin curse world racist and pride will always divide us ,but one thing I learn from growing up in a racist home,is that racism is taught we are not born with it. I’m praying for you all in Jesus name that we will know The Way, The Truth, and the Life.

Jake said:
    January 8, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Wow instead of installing a nanny cam to catch the criminal after you have already been beaten and attacked, and waiting for the police to show up way later to possibly and only possibly catch the criminal later, wouldn't it be better if the women had a gun on hand and the knowledge and intent to use to it to protect herself and her baby? There are sicko's that have to problem raping children. She is lucky that it didn't end up worse than it did. I wish it wasn't the way it is, but the fact of the matter is every person has not only the right but the duty to protect themselves and their family and a firearm coupled with the knowledge of its use if the most effective means by which to accomplish this end.