Was it a medical mistake?
A simple medical procedure left a teenager in a vegetative state.
19-year old Raina Ferraro underwent a routine endoscopy at Phelps Memorial Hospital in Sleepy Hollow in January.
But she never came home.
The Rockland County Community College student was left deaf, blind and in a vegetative state after suffering a heart attack on the operating table.
Her parents are suing the hospital for medical malpractice.
Her parents are asking for help from Washington to insure this doesn’t happen to anyone else.
They want lawmakers to institute “Raina’s Law” that would require cameras in operating rooms.