NEVER MISS A STORY: GET THE PIX11 NEWS APP FOR IMPORTANT UPDATES

NFL beefs up security at Draft in wake of Boston attack

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW YORK (PIX11) — The NFL says it will have extra security at this year’s draft.

The 3-day event begins Wednesday night at Radio City Music Hall.

A league spokesman says there will be increased screening procedures in response to last week’s Boston marathon bombings.

He says there will be pat-downs and other security checks. Anyone who declines such checks will not be allowed in the building.