Nation & World

Mystery man on roof person of interest in Boston Marathon bombing?

BOSTON (PIX11) – What started out as a joyous day in Boston, ended in bloodshed and chaos Monday after two large explosions rocked the Boston Marathon just feet from the finish line, killing 3 and injuring over 125.

Many questions loom as officials search for answers, trying to determine who was behind it.

RELATED: Officials respond to mystery man on roof in Boston bombings as photo continues to boggle web

What is clear, the blasts happened without warning within seconds of each other, sending runners and spectators fleeing the scene in fear. The Boston Globe has since confirmed that one of the victims killed was an 8-year-old boy.

Soon after the bombs were detonated, there were several reports of a third blast at John F. Kennedy Library in Dorchester but officials say that incident may have just been a fire and nothing else.

As the investigation continues, the Boston Police Department tweeted a plea for video and photos from anyone near the finish line at the time of the blasts. The hope is that someone may have captured something that may insist in the investigation.

Despite the help that it may provide, many rumors and conspiracy theories are already floating around the web including a now-viral photograph which appears to show someone on a rooftop lurking over the scene at the time of the first blast.

It’s unclear who the mystery person is or, if the photograph was enhanced in some way. It’s just one of the many images, authorities will be looking at in the coming days.

man on roof

It’s the image that’s creating a lot of buzz on the web – a mystery man on the roof, looking over the Boston Marathon moments after the first blast went off. (TWITTER)

38 Comments to “Mystery man on roof person of interest in Boston Marathon bombing?”

jon said:
    April 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Just like the grassy knoll !

anon said:
    April 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM

looks like a Sasquatch

fred said:
    April 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Looks like Richard Jewell to me

samael said:
    April 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM

My heart goes out to all of the citizens of united states of america being forced to endure these feelings again. Perhaps a little less ignorant joking about this pic.

The pain and fear heard in the back ground is very emotional and I you are all in my prayers.

April 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I aggre when its coming down to this pain. Its kinda like Newtown all over again!!!
      I will be praying with you for everyone out there in pain tonight.
      God Bless!

gene said:
    April 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Please note in the picture, there are two chairs on the roof. He was probably watching the race from a good viewing area. Also note there is a fence on the roof in front of the chairs, and may be someones cookout area. I am sure the Boston police will investigate and find nothing unusual.
    As they say, nothing to see here!

April 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Gene,Gene,Gene. there may be chairs because he was waiting for the bomb to explode and the fencing was probabley already there! Use your brain before you put a comment.

Mike said:
    April 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM

A little odd that there was a bomb drill happening at time of Boston marathon no? I mean it was patriot day in Boston, the biggest day of the year there.. Red Sox game…marathon…people drinking all over town in the bars….and the Boston pd decides to allocate manpower to a….bomb drill??

Mike said:
      April 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

and then there happened to be 2 bombs.

April 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I thought it was wierd too right!!!??? I guess they all knew it was coming so the bombing was planned for that day! ;)

dave said:
    April 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

have u ever watch the movie the kingdom obiously it had to be remote detonated

Chris said:
    April 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

What about pic of figure above the first blast? No one is talking about that….watch the video of first blast and see

April 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

so sad an 8 year old boy died in the blast. You may think i`m crazy to say this because i`m only 9 but its true. This was an act of terror and I think that the man on the roof caused this painful traggedy.

Amanda said:
    April 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Kelsea, there is nothing crazy about what you said. It is truly a very sad thing, and I am sure that it must bother you. Just know that there are more good people in this world than bad, and as long as we have the good ones around, the bad ones will have to work really hard to try and cause things like this.

April 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Thanks Amanda,
      You know I`ve heard my mom say think about the good people but sometimes i just can`t take my mind off of it. Thanks for the encouragement because it helps.
      Hope to hear from you again,
      Your new buddy, Kelsea.

josh said:
    April 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I'm not from the USA but God bless

April 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM

You got it all right Josh. I love God to, so God Bless to you! ;)

josh said:
    April 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Not my place to say but in the UK nothing like this happens to people. I think America is not strict enough on gun laws no guns = no shootings but bombs well there are some sick mother tickets in the world. I say find the guy who did this and hang him from a roof and burn the cunt.

Dave said:
      April 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Josh, Thanks for your wishes from he UK, however, you are wrong abot things lik this not happening in the UK.remember all of he boimbings a few years ago?Remember the bus bombings? The UK has experienced MUCH more of thi then the US has.Guns have nothing to do with this craziness.

Dave said:
      April 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Sorry for the typos, however, for some reason this website is not letting my cursor show & I did not proof readbefore sending. Correction: (you are wrong about things like this not ) and (experienced MUCH more of this than the US

April 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

why are you so concerned on American gun laws if you live in the UK ? Look, Obama is not the best person or thye best president, but he is taking care of American gun laws so why don't you just butt out! :(

Peter Collins said:
    April 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Yea saw it on Instagram @bostonmarothonupdates

April 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Apperantley, I had to see it ON TV! The headline was Finsh Line Boston runners when all of a sudden, KABOOM! You are lucky because that thing scared the crap out of me!!! ;)

dbc said:
    April 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM

ron drayson on roof

April 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM

how do you know it was ron drayson? do you know him or something! if you do, were you in this with him! I don`t know but something does not feel right when I talk to you. :(

April 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Hey everyone who is posting comments, send me a reply about how you think this tragedy would affect a 9 year old girl who lives in texas which happens to be ME!

April 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM

You folks are darn flat out RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Really upsetting that over 100 people were injured but what's funny is that yesterday a fertilizing plant exploded with the same type of bomb used to blow up the Boston Marothon in western Texas. The bomb either was put there by the same person that put some in Boston, or, the plant exploded on accedient. Something strange is happening in America and I don't by any meaning like it. It freaks me out. :(

Junbug said: