Second sinkhole appears, just 3 miles from first
Florida officials are monitoring another sinkhole just three miles from the deadly sinkhole that swallowed a man sleeping in his bed last week.
The ground opened up between two homes in Hillsborough county Monday.
There’s no reported damage to the homes, but a fence dividing the properties is broken.
County officials say the two sinkholes are not geologically connected.
One resident says an inspector told her family her home sits over several sinkholes.